Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Easy Smores!

What is a bonfire without smores? It is a must for our family, but what a pain in the neck to make them. We use to have dad and the kids start cooking marshmallows all at the same time. That meant they are ready at the same time. If you are really prepared and have plenty of room to lay out the chocolate, and graham crackers you are all set. If you are like most of us, the only table you have is your lap. It always ended up a mess.

One day we went to a hayrack ride at a friends house. They had a bonfire and brought out a few boxes of fudge stripe cookies and marshmallows. What a great idea! Why hadn't we thought of that! Needless to say, I am hooked. This is so much easier, not to say also cheaper. The best part is after you are done making smores, somone will finish off the cookies for you.




Try these out. I think you will like them.

5 comments:

Bev said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE this idea! We make smores all the time when we're camping and it's often messy! These will work so much better!

I'm going to have to blog about this *grin*

Bev

Bev said...

Here you go! I posted about your idea on my blog:

http://bevsbits.blogspot.com/2007/05/easy-smores.html

Love it!!!

Bev

Dying to Quilt said...

Love your blog! I'm going to try the hamburger cookies for a high school graduation party!

I saw on the group posting that you're hosting a blog carnival--what is that? Good luck!

Cookingfor5 said...

Thanks! I am hosting a blog carnival about food recipes. Here is the link http://blogcarnival.com/bc/cprof_1738.html.

Anonymous said...

Yes, we've enjoyed these types of smores for awhile...we all enjoy them so much...they are yummy!